Monday, July 11, 2011

First Post Ever!

    So I am new to this whole blogging thing.  I read many other blogs, so I thought I would give it a try at the request of my friends.  I am an artist and a beginning sewer.  Most of the things I make are for my kids but I love any challenge:)
    Today was one of those days where my creative juices were flowing:)  I created a dress for my daughter and her American Girl doll and also a quilted candle holder.


    I found the cutest solar dresss pattern and tutorial at Indietutes. The pattern only went to a size 7, so with an 8 year old I just increased it touch.  And of course, if my daughter gets a new dress, so does her doll:) The directions are simple and it turned out cute!      


    Something else that has been fun for me to make are quilted candle holders.  I have to give credit to my cousin because I saw one made from her at my grandmas.  They are very simple if you can do any basic quilting. They look like a regular quilting block but the center comes up to hold a candle.  Super cute!  I even auctioned one off for $25 at our family reunion.  Not bad for a beginner:) 



Check back soon, because I have more to share all the time!

3 comments:

  1. That dress is super cute!! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creations! Thank God I have friends that have talents in the art department. Anything I make looks HORRIFIC! The dress for the doll = AMAZING! You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- that was from Mindy

    ReplyDelete